Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Trial & ERROR

Last night I was excited to make a matching bracelet and necklace for the first time.  I've never made this type of bracelet.  In fact I haven't made a bracelet since braiding Friendship bracelets long ago...remember those?

I'm a larger gal and have larger wrists.  I also know there are many more like me who would like a larger bracelet so I decide to trudge onward and make one for "us".  Why can't we have lovely and large jewelry without forgoing a tight bracelet or finding something to extend the length?  Decided; let's make it!

I plan out my workspace.  Carefully selecting and counting.  I lay it out and start to crochet together my silver wire. Where is my brain?!  I left off beads!  Not a problem.  I'll work the strand into the design for bulk, it will add width which it needs. Starting again. My beaded strand is too short for my wrist..I think. So I cut, tear it up and start over.  I make a few more of my pieces in the right length. Or this is the length I "think" is correct.  I totally forget that I need to include the clasp size in my number and by the time I do this my bracelet is so large I can put it over my mannish female hands. Not good.

To top it off the larger beads are too heavy and fall down on the wrist.  Now on display is my fine finishing technique.  Pretty, but not what was intended.

Design sometimes is about trial and lots of error.  Tonight I plan on tearing it up and starting it again.  This WILL be a bracelet someone will love.  I can FEEL it! :-)


P.S. Wanna tell me YOUR trial and errors?  I'd love to hear it...come on.. make me feel better.  lol



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

My Blog List