Saturday, January 29, 2011

Loosey Goosey or Lucy Loose?

Hello everyone! :-) 

It has been brought to my attention that 2 viewers feel that my use of a word has breached a copyright from Michael Sellick at The Crochet Crowd and mikeyssmail, by Mikey himself. Michael & I actually communicate with one another.  He totally understands me and I was not trying to copy him.  I actually have used the word for over 30 years. However since he has been on here longer his viewership is very loyal which I appreciate & understand.  I want to stress how fun I think loom knitting is & really want this to be another spot to find stitches or ideas for your progress and projects. Let the creativity flow! :-) Let's help one another & build each other up. 

Wanna know the "word"? I have been crafting since I was a kid and have ALWAYS said loosey goosey. When I heard that on his videos I laughed so hard because I say that!! Haha! It was like when I started learning I kept finding other videos at first; then I found Mikey.  I was thrilled! Here is a guy that GETS ME. I understand his language and approach. It's sad people stir up stuff like that but I understand.  Please hear me.  I'm here to educate and have fun.  I'm not here to rip someone off.  I love crafts and I love helping others. If you love that too you are in the right place.  If not accept my apologies if you were offended and let's move forward.  Have a great weekend and HAPPY LOOMING!! :-)

P.S. This is the last you'll see me speak on this.  I may refer people back to this blog but that's all.

How's Lucy Loose?  LOL...is she?  (oh no she didn't?!)

6 comments:

  1. That's just RIDICULOUS! Are you being serious that someone actually complained to you about the use of a word like that??? I can give them a few words for you if you would like...hee hee. Come on people seriously its a blog not the State of the Union Address! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, seriously??? I use and have used loosey goosey forever!! This guy needs to get real!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mikey and his LOYAL FOLLOWERS need to get over themselves!!!

    and I use anonymous because I don't know how to put my identity up here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya Everyone... The concerns are from the viewers not me directly... After filming for nearly 3 years, a few viewers like to create drama between video hosts. I have been through this several times. I receive about 200 emails a day from viewers... the majority are super nice and just a handful well aren't so pleasant and one every now and then steps out of bounds.

    I cautioned Kristen because this type of backlash is normal... People feel security when sitting behind a monitor and keyboard not thinking about the impact of their words. At many times throughout my journey, I have wanted to quit completely due to the comments... but then of course they would win.

    I want to see Kristen do great... She's got a great personality and I think she has what it takes to lead people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike you are such a sweetheart. You didn't need to respond. Thank you for taking the time. :-) I'm having fun doing what I'm doing and when I enjoy what I do I wanna tell others & inspire them to join in. It's the natural sales person and leader in me I suppose. So far I haven't recieved any emails from people and everyone has been super supportive. I will be remembering our chats. Thanks for the heads up!
    Kris-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to say that that phrase has been around forever and is not a copyright by any one person. It is very true that people love to cause drama because they have nothing else going in their own lives and live to make trouble in others to entertain themselves. You keep using the phrase if it is what you are use to saying and don't let people on the net control what you want to say.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

My Blog List