Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Loom Knit K2tog YO or Knit 2 together Yarn Over

Recently a few people asked me how to loom knit the K2tog YO.  I'll have to come back and add a video when I can but for now here are written instructions HOW TO:





Ok lets visualize this.  If I am working a flat panel lets call my 1st peg, that has a Slip Stitch, our official Peg 1. The next peg (Peg 2) the pattern calls to k2tog. Take the loop off of Peg 3 and place on peg 2. Now Knit that stitch with both loops at the same time.  Do NOT simply Knit Off by lifting bottom over top!!  I mean lay your working yarn on top and create a knit stitch.  

You can do the classic knit stitch or the U knit (just a loose version of the flat) to have the same stitch look. Peg 3 will be empty so you will e-wrap it around once, with your working yarn, which makes the YO or Yarn Over.

Now continue down the row starting with peg 4 with the next stitch.



I hope that helps a bit.  Happy Looming!!
-Kristen

6 comments:

  1. Thank you! Your explanation is the best I've read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, so glad it helped! Happy Looming!-Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you explain k3tog? Am I using peg 3 and 4 on peg 2?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your instructions were very helpful. However, I do have a question: On the next round after the k2tog and yo, do you knit the yo e-wrap just as you would a knitted stitch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes :-) I'm sorry so long for a reply...oops!

      Delete

Search This Blog

Loading...

About Me

My Photo

My name is Kristen. I live in North Texas. I’m an Interior Designer by day, YouTube Tutorial filmaker & Video Host for crafts, LOOM Knitting and more by night.

My Loom Knitting tutorials are great for Knitters (or any crafter) who wanna try their hand and want to know how to convert their stitches over to the loom. Many do it to ease their hands/carpel tunnel or work faster. It’s definitely a growing trend for traditional knitters to take up or people who love crafting with yarn! My site is GoodKnitKisses or YOUTUBE. 

I also write and sell my own loom patterns on my ETSY shop and on Vivaloom.com  I look forward to meeting new people and sharing the love of fiber arts :-) -Kristen

Loading...

My jewelry featured in this Treasury!