Monday, September 12, 2011

Loom Knit: Earflaps

Kristen talks you through making earflaps on the 24 peg KK or Knifty Knitter Loom. This is not a step by step shown tutorial. Please read instructions carefully and watch the video to see the result.

Using Super Bulky 6 Lion Brand Hometown USA, she starts with a two peg icord to 12". Increase by two on left and right sides on a purl row. End all purl rows with last stitch in ewrap or EW. Add an EW row. Then purl 1 row and EW another row. Now increase by two on either side on the purl row. You'll be making a triangle. Increase on every other purl row till you get 8 pegs with loops (the first stitch is always slipped or SS). Cut off your tail after 7 garter rows and add earflap on other side. When done start your baby hat. After casting off add pom pins to ends and weave in 1 earflap tail to inside of a garter ridge row.

Have fun and Happy Looming!! -Kristen

1 comment:

  1. This is such a clever idea - thanks so much for the video showing how you did it. I would think that you could then remove the flaps from the blue loom and put them on say the green one if you wanted a larger hat? LOL - Or I guess you could just make them right on the green loom.
    Anyhow - thanks again
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

My Blog List

About Me

My photo

My name is Kristen. I’m an Interior Designer & knitwear designer as well as a YouTube Tutorial filmmaker & Video Host for crafts, knitting and more. My Loom Knitting tutorials are great for Knitters (or any crafter) who wanna try their hand and want to know how to convert their stitches over to the loom. Many do it to ease their hands/carpel tunnel or work faster. It’s definitely a growing trend for traditional knitters to take up or people who love crafting with yarn! My site is GoodKnitKisses or YOUTUBE. I also write and sell my own loom patterns on my ETSY shop and on Vivaloom.com  I look forward to meeting new people and sharing the love of fiber arts :-) -Kristen